Monday, June 30, 2008

The last day


This is actually from Saturday evening, when we went to dinner with some students who have been quite close to Michael this semester. We had a great meal in a Hunan-style restaurant...I am missing the food in China already..

After the kids went to bed Saturday night, I met my classmates for what turned out to be a very fun but very late night out. This is Melanie, me, Mike and Tom..

Last Sunday at church...I forgot to get Fr. John's photo today, but this is our Deacon Joseph who is waiting for ordination.

Looking at a philosophy book with the deacon..

And in front of the church...we will miss this little place terribly. I have been so spiritually lifted up by this community this year. It is really hard to put into words. I have gotten a feel for what it is like to be a Catholic in China today.

Back at the building, a goodbye to Sophia's favorite guard..

And checking out with the housekeeper, who has made our lives easier by her hard work.

Finally dinner with Vicky, our tutor and now good friend. The food was terrific, I just can't keep eating all these yummy dinners with friends.


And finally a very sad goodbye....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann,

Shucks...I'm sorry we never got the chance to have lunch or for Lucas and Sophia to play together!

It was nice meeting you and your family once anyway. I will write to you again and will be happy to update you on Xiamen happenings :)

Christine

Anonymous said...

Ann I am not sure this will reach you. I have read bits of your blog over the last few months and feel like I have a hundred questions to ask. My husband and I and our three boys (4 - 14) are moving to Xiamen in a couple of months. We are from Brisbane Australia, I too am a Social Worker. I would love to converse via email tanya@2plus3.com.au.
regards
Tanya