Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun with my classmates


Never got around to posting about my night out with my classmates to celebrate one of our teacher finishing his masters degree...we went to "KTV" as karaoke bars are called here. My classmates sang in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, as well as a few English songs.

I tried to hold up my end with "La Bamba" and got Emily to join on the chorus. (who I had brought along with Nick and Laura, as a cultural experience)

Here we are in the language lab. My listening teacher had asked me what "Lucky Charms" were, having heard about them in a movie -- so I had Don and Laura bring some.

I provided the milk and bowls, and we had a class treat -- which also pleased Martin, an American from Kentucky who is young enough to still like the stuff..

Here is my teacher -- he has been a great dispenser of cultural information about China as well -- he is also curious about us which is fun.

Below I tried to load a video I have had for a while, but was not sucessful -- it features a small group skit with my best friends in the class -- me as the secretary, Tom as a disgruntled student, Mike as his friend and Melanie as a waitress in a restaurant. Together we make up the elders in the class -- as everyone else is college age (although these guys are also quite a bit younger than me!). I will really miss the camaraderie of the class when its time to go...

No comments: