Monday, December 31, 2007

Xinnian Kuai le (Happy New Year!)




Not sure if my photos came through -- blogger is sluggish this evening ...but we have a head start on 2008 (and we started even earlier because the kids were sleepy)...so here's to a happy 2008 for all!!! 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese -- especially in financial affairs -- small wonder that the Olympics are starting on 08-08-08 at 8:08 pm. A few of you may remember that I had a car accident on 08-08-88 (can it really be 20 years ago!) at 8:08 -- so I am hoping to change my luck this time!

We a had a quiet celebration at home since Thomas has a cold-- baked some cookies in my new oven, oh joy, and had a toast and some small fireworks/confetti with the kids....the fireworks are a good story. I bought these 2 tubes because I thought they were wrapping paper. Then I realized they were decorated tubes and concluded that they were some kind of Christmas cracker. We decided to do them tonight. Of course I was holding the first one upside down and shot my self in the leg with a mighty force. Remember those little poppers you can buy for Chinese New Year? These were the super size of those, and by the time we did the second one -- more safely over our heads, the apartment was completely full of confetti...here's to something else we would never find in the US, land of excessive safety and litigation!

No comments: