Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My mom is home

Very glad to be able to report that my mom was discharged from the hospital today and is now home. The joke is that soon brain surgery will be outpatient!!! Seriously, she is recovering well and there was no reason to keep her. She will see her surgeon next week for follow up. I am decorating their Christmas tree today as my project for the day, and it feels quite seasonal with snow on the ground and more predicted. I am glad I will have a few days with her home before I leave on Thursday. Definitely missing Michael and the kids...I truly feel a world away from our life there -- almost as if it was all a dream, now that I am back among the familiar world of middle America..driving around in my minivan, stopping at Walgreen's...it is all so familiar. My internal clock has readjusted too, just in time to go back. Thanks again for all the prayers and wishes....

1 comment:

mimifrancoise said...

Ann, I am very glad that your mom is home. I am praying for a speedy recovery. I hope that you will have some great mother-daughter time. Bon voyage going back to Xiamen. Malinda is home too and doing well. She still is not allowed to drive but takes the bus like she did in China.
Fran