Wednesday, December 5, 2007

princess diaries

Yes, Sophia has a full-blown cold and can only breathe clearly when she has some medication. So she is not sleeping well and can be a little bit cranky and obstinate at times (which, for those of you who know her, is not really out of character). But on the whole she is her usual sweet self.

This morning after getting the older kids off the school, I tried to re-do portions of Sophia's hair. So to get her to sit I finally relented to her constant demand and put a movie in. I played "The Nutcracker", a BBC version of the full-blown ballet that the kids like to watch around Christmas time.

After watching in rapt attention while I did her hair, she left at the first opportunity, went into her room and pulled out the princess dresses to wear like the dancers.

Here she is studying their moves close-up.

Sophia pulled me out of the chair to dance with her. We had to hold hands, raise our free arm up, and swing our leg out. She was very clear on this procedure.

Below you can see her pose. She kept looking at her hand for each shot and I thought maybe it was "dirty" or something was wrong.

Then I realized that she was trying to make the $#@ peace sign like her brother and every Chinese person under 30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better the peace sign than some other signs done with one hand ...