Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Open house at the Xiamen International School


Tonight was the open house at Thomas's school. It took a cab ride to meet the school bus picking up in midtown to get out there, but I am glad I went. We were there early so I took a few pictures of the library (above) and the cafeteria (below), as well as the playground, which Thomas doesn't really get to much but it was a cool moonrise! His teachers are interesting, mostly Americans (the principal is from the East side of Detroit!) but many have been in the international school system for years. Of course they said all things about Thomas that his teachers in the US would say -- bright but too talkative and messy handwriting. The too talkative part came a more of a relief to me, as it was clear that he is fitting in well and is not too miserable during the day.





On the way back I got to see Xiamen downtown after dark, which was a treat as it is all lit up at night. Tomorrow is my first English lesson in Helen's class, and I have only a loose plan in my mind -- we'll have to see how that goes! On Friday we leave for our October holiday trip to Xi'an and Sichuan -- not sure how much blogging I will be able to do next week.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ann & Michael,
I finally learned how to get to read your blog. I enjoyed reading about all your experiences. What a great year it's going to be for you all.
Enjoy the coming holidays and your travels to Xi'an - which I haven't seen yet...
Haven't heard from Anne so we are not meeting on Thursdays. I miss it.
All the best to you all.
Genevieve