Wednesday, October 17, 2007

First oral English class

No photos today. I couldn't afford any additional distraction. I taught two 40 minute periods of English to 8-10 kindergartners this evening. The teachers at the center were surprised that the children weren't shy with me -- but I guess some of the kids recognized me from Helen's school. The children were anything but shy -- quite unruly, giggly and of course adorable. Not sure how much English they will learn from me but I think they will be very good for my Chinese. We sang a couple of songs, did introductions, and played a game with animal names and acting them out (I had drawn some pictures for visual aides). I am exhausted, but also pleased with myself for venturing out -- even meeting the other teachers will be a good connection I think. I am teaching once or twice a moth in each class, so this week I am doing a lot, to finish out October, but then it will be spread out, so hopefully will not feel like too much.

2 comments:

BuffaloKate said...

Ann,
you can do anything!
love from Kate at home

BuffaloKate said...

Ann, you can do anything! We miss you guys a lot everyday.
love from Kate at home...