Friday, July 25, 2008

Post script -- Life in "Meiguo"


I happened to notice that we are still getting a lot of hits every day to the site....I am having trouble weaning myself from blogging , too....
I wanted to introduce our newest member of the family -- Merton the 7 week old Beagle..!!!


In an effort to really do this American culture thing right, we have gotten ourselves a dog -- well, Helen thinks its her dog! He is sooooo cute that it makes up for the housebreaking efforts which are akin to potty training a baby!



While he sleeps -- we have been reorganizing the house, getting bunk beds, having a yard sale, trying to walk to the supermarket instead of drive, searching for "real Chinese food", and looking forward to lots of visitors coming up....

In short, we are doing well -- the big kids are in day summer camp -- Thomas as a counselor-in-training and Helen as a camper. Sophia and I are reorganizing our lives and watching the puppy, Michael is finding his office again and all of us are enjoying speaking English and telling stories about China. Buffalo is beautiful in the summer time and helping me to put off thinking about the onset of winter.

Its the final week before the Olympics -- looking forward to hearing lots more from China in the weeks ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your new post.Your
puppy is adorable. Please continue
posting. Curious in USA

Anonymous said...

So happy to read you again!!

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd check in and there you are! Thanks for the update. Love that puppy! We are also searching for "real Chinese food". I want my noodles! I'll email you soon.

Ann - formerly of GACEinChina - Kunming

Our new blog is www.gaceathome.blogspot.com

Do visit!