Sunday, April 6, 2008

Michael Arrives in Seoul Again

So Ann told me that in order to avoid confusing people I am supposed to identity myself - Michael - whenever I write. Thus, to use that old philosophical language, she is the one and I am merely the other.

Well, as recompense I have moved back to the first world - for a few days. I am back in Seoul to give a couple more papers at a conference. They put me up in the hotel around the corner and it is small but swankier than places I have been in before.

Kind of a Scandinavian modern feel, but I can live with it. Returning to modern conveniences, I feel like Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies: "Look Granny, you can drink right out of the faucet! and when you turn the handle this way ... the water come out of the tap HOT! Yeeehaaa."

Below is a lame picture. It is lame because I took it from my hotel window. I went down and took a stroll afterwards but I didn't have my camera.

Well, Ann is back with the kids again in Xiamen doing the single parent thing. Plus I took her camera and the computer.

But in her favor, the weather was in the 80's in Xiamen when I left and she was taking the kids down to the beach to dig in the sand and get some ocean breezes. That's not too bad.

No comments: