Friday, March 28, 2008

Arrival in Shanghai

Thomas and I arrived in Shanghai this Friday morning. Ann and the girls are back in Xiamen doing "girl stuff". I am giving some talks at Fudan University on American Philosophy, and since the price was cheap enough, Thomas is coming with me.

I wasn't able to load any pictures so maybe that will wait until we get back. We had a slow day today, mostly staying in the hotel room while I worked on my papers and Thomas played various games. Only he and I would enjoy laying around like this in a campus hotel room in an exciting city.

Anyway, I gave my first lecture this evening. Tomorrow morning some students are picking us up and bringing us sightseeing. We will go for the morning, and maybe a little in the afternoon. Then I lecture again Saturday evening. My last lecture is on Sunday morning.

Thomas had two pigeons and a bottle of Sprite for lunch. Then at dinner with people from the philosophy department, he had another pigeon and a coke. His mother would never let that happen. Okay ... no more pigeons for the boy!

No comments: